Sport and physical activity is a valued and accepted part of our school's curriculum, contributing to the development of the whole child. It provides a vehicle for social, physical, emotional and moral learning and is an important expression of our culture.
The participation, enjoyment and skill development of our students is the corner-stone of the school sport/ physical activity program. All our students take part in this program.
There are also opportunities to represent our school at inter-school sports competitions. As a NSW public school we benefit from the opportunities for shared activities and competitions with other schools, coordinated by school sport associations. See the School Sport Unit website for details.
Sport at Grafton High School (GHS) is mandatory! It is not assessed, however, active participation is required. At GHS each year group will attend sport at different times during the week. This organisation makes best use of the staff and facilities.
Each sport group will have a specific sport program. It takes into account student interests, facilities and the staff. Separate notes will be issued for sport.
GHS Sport Code of Conduct
AS A TEAM MEMBER
- Play by the rules and never argue with officials.
- Encourage and support your own team members.
- Work for your team, attend all training sessions.
- Present yourself well, wear school uniform.
- Control your behaviour on and off the field.
Students on Discipline levels are unable to participate.
- Maintain a high academic standard.
Students with N Awards are unable to participate
AS A COACH OR TEAM MANAGER
- Set a good example for your players.
- Teach your players to be friendly towards officials and opponents.
- Organize appropriate training sessions.
It is mandatory that all players have completed a minimum of 3 training sessions before they are able to play.
- Give all interested students a chance to participate.
- Ensure rules, equipment, training schedules and games are safe and match the needs and skill level of the children involved.
- Remove from the field of play any of your players whose behaviour is not acceptable.
Record student's behavior in the appropriate manner.
AS A PARENT
- Encourage participation by your children.
- Provide a model of good sportsmanship.
- Encourage honest effort and team loyalty.
- Do not interfere with the conduct of any events.